Looking Down The LANE

A look at the link to my LANE ancestry.

Friday, July 14, 2006

The LANE starts here!

At last, the long awaited LANE link from my PLIMMER PASTURES blog!

Here I will deal with my maternal ancestry.

You will know my mother, Mrs LEADER, was originaliy Miss LANE. My LANE grandparents were going to call her Lois but decided against it at the last minute. What a pity, I could have been the son of Lois LANE! ;-)

My Mum is one of seven, she is the eldest daughter of four but the fourth in line to her three older brothers. She was born in Newton-In-Makerfield, Lancashire and has spent almost all her life there. 
My Nan said she was so excited to have a daughter, so she could dress her in pink girly dresses and things.


The LANE sisters!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Kevin Lane in Orchard Park, New York, USA. I just started looking for ancestry. From what I understand, my great grandfather, Richard Lane, was from Canada. His son, Richard Lane Jr. and his son, my father, Selwyn Herbert Lane. If you ever happen to trip over anything relevant please shoot it my way

Thanks, and Happy Holidays

Kevin

Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:20:00 pm  
Blogger A Merlin Imp said...

Hi Kevin,

Happy hunting!

Haven't found any links as yet but genesreunited might help or lostcousins.com!

All the best for the season!

Best wishes,

Ian.

:)

Thursday, December 04, 2008 4:51:00 pm  
Blogger A Merlin Imp said...

ip-dated 2010

Saturday, July 17, 2010 6:33:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home